Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Extreme Menstruel cramps
deb2285 posted:
My 13 year old is doubled over in pain every month with horrible period cramps. Does anyone know what to do with a girl that young?
allie_bf responded:
Moderate exercise will help a lot, but she will probably need encouragement to stay physically active when she is feeling so bad. Using a hot pad will help, too. With kids, it's usually best to limit medications, but if she can't tolerate the cramping, you could check with her pediatrician to see what would be the next step.
carpetcrawler5 responded:
Does Aleve or Ibuprofen help? That's the only thing that helps mine.
Timothy Collins, MD responded:
I have patients that have menstrual cramps that are that bad. There are some treatments for them. Either your family MD or an OB/GYN MD can talk with you and your daughter about them.

Helpful Tips

Supplements for headachesExpert
A lot of my patients ask about herbal supplements for headaches. There are very few studies of supplements for headaches, but there are ... More
Was this Helpful?
52 of 69 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center