Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Headache on Top, Left, From of head
An_205125 posted:
For the past week I have had a headache on the top, left, from of my head. It is not constant, it comes in very short waves and then goes. It has come and gone day and night. Anyone have an Idea what kind of headache it is?

DUKE MEDICINE
Timothy Collins, MD responded:
Hard to say what type of headache this is from those symptoms. If this is a new type of headache, talk with your doctor about it.

jeanhb responded:
I too have had headaches like this, on and off, for 6 months. It hurts when I cough or sometimes when I bend over. The pain only lasts about 2 min. and sometimes I go for a day or two without it hurting at all. It hurts in the same spot each time which is on the left side of my forehead up in the top almost to the hair line. I have been to an EENT, my family doctor and a chiropractor. They all seem to think it is sinus related, but not sure. I can't much believe it is due to sinus, but I don't really know. Wish I could help you by telling you what it is, but I don't know.

AMLFRANK replied to jeanhb's response:
Tylenol Sinus Severe - stopped it cold. I could not believe it was Sinus's as well. Still may not be, but I know how to get 4 hours of relieve now. Hope it works for you!

Helpful Tips

Botox for Headaches FDA approvedExpert
Many of you have heard that Botox (botulinum toxin) has been approved by the FDA for chronic daily headaches or migraines. Chronic daily ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 34 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center