Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
confusing Migrane or regular headaches
An_205132 posted:
hi I am 40 year olds, Last night I had headache just on cross my forehead so i went to bed early maybe I was over tired from too much studying. This morning I woke (6 a.m.) up with real bad headache in the same spot then it more painful on the left side of the head above the eyebrown. It more worse when i lay down or sit down, it goes away little bit when i stand up and stand next to my man and had my head rest on his chest what a relief. yeah I did feel hot too. It like man who turn up the heat? even when not cold in the room. so I had to step outside to breath fresh air in the pooring rain this morning, The more I sit down, I felt I had to run up stair to the bath room and puke. I took two Asprain which took forever to kick in. drink coffee little no milk, which i was told by mom that some time caffine take the headache away it didn't work. Cold cloth made it worse, I had to use my warm hand the palm area and lay on it. and i did fell asleep, the warm cloth works for me. then I woke up I felt like light headach more like feel hangover. But about an hour ago my head started to come back so i took two more asprain. but still feel tired more like I need to sleep more. I wondering what causing this, what Can I do to treat this. Thank you for anybody advice.

allie_bf responded:
It does sound like, whether or not it ended up as a migraine, it started as a sinus headache. The location, across your brow, the improvement with warmth, and the worsening with lying down all suggest sinuses. You could try a decongestant along with Tylenol or aspirin, and using a warm compress on your sinuses. If you have a thermometer, check your temperature when you feel hot next time. If you have a fever, and continue to have sinus pressure and pain, call your doctor.

carpetcrawler5 responded:
Only drink the coffee at the beginning of your headache, although I don't think it works for your type of headache.

Helpful Tips

Botox for Headaches FDA approvedExpert
Many of you have heard that Botox (botulinum toxin) has been approved by the FDA for chronic daily headaches or migraines. Chronic daily ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 34 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center