Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Bad headache
Laura0711 posted:
I'm having a bad day I woke up with a bad headache and I took my medicine but no help.This headache started at 430 this afternoon and hasn't gone away. I took my 2nd dose of med and it hasn't helped and I can't take any more until 430 tomorrow afternoon. I think I might have to go in to the dr. tomorrow if it doesn't go away tonight. Thanks for letting me vent.

Thank you,

Laura

SharonLN responded:
Hi Laura! I have had headaches my entire life! Migraine/aura.
I have eliminated all triggers..or so I thought! Please try to eliminate GLUTEN/Wheat products! I eliminated wheat one month ago today and I feel 100% better and have not had even one headache since! I have after 50 yrs figured out that gluten/wheat is the trigger! I had someone tell me that she went off gluten and she is 75 and it worked for her. Her niece is a dietician in Great Britain and she told her to go off all wheat, barley products. She too has not had a headache since! I was pretty desperate by Thanksgiving with all the treats of the holiday....so I tried it cold-turkey. It worked! I felt well immediately!

carpetcrawler5 responded:
I know things have been hectic and no one answered your post, I'm hoping you are better today? Try putting some ice around your head.

What is it you take for it?

Laura0711 replied to carpetcrawler5's response:
I have noticed that every time we get a new storm or the air pressure changes I get severe headaches. I take Fiorinal for my migraines. Right now my asthma is flaring and when I use my nebulizer medicine for it I also get headaches. It seems like lately I have problems with either my headaches or my asthma.
I'm going to see my dr. on Friday for my asthma and I will also talk to her about my headaches.

Thanks,
Laura

Helpful Tips

Soda for Sinuses
I know this sounds crazy but I swear by a can of Coca-Cola whenever my sinus headaches flare. Gives me a long for medicine to kick into ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 37 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center