Skip to content
chronic headaches
bheritage posted:
I am 19 and have had problems with headaches for over five years now. they always happen on the top of my head. they have lasted for up to a week and i have been to two neurologists and neither one helped the medication they prescribed did not work. lately i have been getting real dizzy and sick to my stomach when i get the headaches. does anyone have any suggestions as to what is wrong.

allie_bf responded:
Migraines can involve the top of the head, some of mine do, and it feels like someone is using a drill bit on my skull. I had wondered if they were migrainous because I previously had the more typical unilateral headache with aura, but my neurologist said that these were migraines, too. The dizziness and nausea that you are having also sound like migraine. I have found that the "top of the head" headaches don't respond as well to triptans as the other headaches, but they still do to a lesser degree. I'm still experimenting with this as well. Keep working with your neurologists on finding a medication that will work. Most people find that one drug works well, and others have little effect, and it takes time to find out which one helps, but it's well worth continuing to experiment. I hope you find one that works soon!

carpetcrawler5 responded:
If it gets bad, try taking Indomethicin, but don't take it a lot, because it can cause stomach pain.

Helpful Tips

Botox for Headaches FDA approvedExpert
Many of you have heard that Botox (botulinum toxin) has been approved by the FDA for chronic daily headaches or migraines. Chronic daily ... More
Was this Helpful?
26 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center