Skip to content
Migraines and Barametric Pressure Changes
An_205197 posted:
I have been suffering from debilitating headaches this week. So far I have had 2. Both were on the left side of my head above the ear and behind my eye. The first one lasted 48 hours and the second lasted 36 hours. (Migraines run in my family) Wasn't sure if they are migraines. At first I thought maybe sinus, but not so sure. I haven't put any triggers together between the two headaches. The only thing I can see as being the same between the two is the weather changes and changes in barametric pressure. Can this be a trigger??

Also, as far as meds go, I take tylenol sinus and or excedrine migraine... niether seem to work to get rid of the pain. Any suggestions?

Laura0711 responded:
Hi Anon_148662,

Yes weather changes and changes in the barometric pressure can trigger migraines. Most of mine happen around weather changes like when we get a snow storm right now or thunder storms are coming then I get really bad headaches. My migraines are also on the left side around the eye and temple area. I have found that Tylenol arthritis works somewhat for the headaches if I take them right away but now I have some prescription meds that work better for me.

I hope this helps you.

Yours,

Laura

carpetcrawler5 responded:
You might be experiencing Cluster headaches.. They can be behind your eye and are sometimes mistaken for sinus problems.

Don't take OTCs for it because they may make it worse after they wear off. (rebound headaches)

Helpful Tips

HELP!!!
I am a healthy 13 year old male and I have recently been having had pains. For the last 6 months i had intense head pain. I head random ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center