Skip to content
Random headache intensifies when peeing or dropping a #2
starkkisttuna posted:
I'm not sure what happens to me, but occassionally I'll get a headache that feels like it's right on top of my head....or, in the worst cases..at the base of my head....

When I pee or poop....the pain in these headaches are sooooo painful.

Is it lack of oxygen?

Is it something else?

Doesn't happen often, but when it does....jebus!!!

carpetcrawler5 responded:
See your dr, could be anything. You can get headaches from straining to use the bathroom.

NENA0329 replied to carpetcrawler5's response:
need some help. I also suffer from Migrains most times while i am sleeping they get so bad they wake me up and when i go to the bathroom to pee the pain intensifies by about 100. it feels like my head is going to explode, like in the cartoons that the top of my head will just shoot uo and explode.

what can this be, i suffer from migrains a lot so going to pee while i have a migrain has become so stressful when ever i feel the urge the tears just start coming i try to hold it as long as i can but we all know that can only be for so long. what i can do, i have asked my doctors and i never get an answer.

Helpful Tips

Botox for Headaches FDA approvedExpert
Many of you have heard that Botox (botulinum toxin) has been approved by the FDA for chronic daily headaches or migraines. Chronic daily ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 34 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center