Skip to content
Sudden Headaches, Neck Pain and Arm Numbness
magoo89 posted:
Hi,
First of let me start be saying I am 22 female and in very good health, non-smoker 5'2 120 pounds I work in an office. Within the last 6 months I have started to get sudden migraine headaches about 2 to 3 times a week I have also noticed my right side of my neck has sudden pain that comes with these headaches and I can notice a big knot of muscle at the base (right side) of skull where the neck starts during these occunces but not at any other time. Massage and pressure on the knot seem to help put only while it is being applied. Also if I try to relive some of the pressure, example I tilt my head to the right and crack my neck and it cracks on the left side but my RIGHT arm down to my finger tips feels like a jolt and then it goes numb for a few seconds. Can anyone please tell me what is going on? I have already gone to see a chiropractor but he didn't give me any answers.
Please help!!
Thank you!

carpetcrawler5 responded:
The next time your headache first starts, try drinking coffee or eatingdark chocolate right away and it might go away. However, it sounds to me that your neck isuues are triggering your headaches. You could get a steroid shot in the place where it starts in your neck, you can get them possibly from your regualr dr, but if he/she doesn't want to do it and would rather you went to a pain spec, that is another options. Get the techni-ice I suggested in the thread below, and wrap ice around your neck.

The tingling might be a pinched nerve in your back. If massage helps, that might be another option.

Helpful Tips

Migraine Prevention MedicationsExpert
Which medications work for migraine prevention? This question comes up all the time, so I've made a list of some of the medications we use ... More
Was this Helpful?
80 of 109 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center