Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Goodbye & Welcome To Your New Mod!
Andie_WebMD_Staff posted:
As of Monday, you will have a new moderator on this exchange. You will enjoy having Lainey as your Moderator! She is a wonderful person that has worked in communities for some time, and will take great care of you!

I have loved helping out on the Migraines & Headaches community, and will miss being here with you. This is a great community filled with support.

If anyone ever decides to have a baby, you can visit me on the 1st Trimester , 3rd Trimester or Pregnancy After Loss communities! Or come visit me on the Digestive Disorders , Oral Health , Sleep Disorders & Kidney Disorders communities!

Please give Lainey a warm welcome. Sending healthy thoughts out to all!!

~Andie :)

carpetcrawler5 responded:
Sorry to see you go. By the way where is Dr. Collins? He is a great dr and has lots of new ideas I haven't heard anywhere else. Is he by chance coming back soon? Must be busy.

NeNe_11 responded:
See you on the sleep disorders community!

Lainey_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hello community!

I have worked in WebMD communities for almost a year. Have 6 children (mostly grown) and 3 grandchildren. I also suffer from major allergies and migraines have been a problem for me for many years. :( 3 of my children suffer from allergies too and come to me for advise. I look forward to meeting everyone and helping in any way I can.

Thanks,

Lainey

Andie_WebMD_Staff replied to carpetcrawler5's response:
Hi CarpetCrawler,

I'm sorry to leave, too. But, you'll love Lainey! She's always on top of things.

I can't even express how much your participation on the MIgraines Community has been a blessing. Thank you for chiming in on so many questions and supporting the community!

I know Dr. Collins has a very busy schedule, and he has been so great about answering questions on the board. I think he just must be very busy. :(

We're always looking for Guest Experts, too, so keep your eye out. Lainey might have a surprise for you one day. :)

And, YES...I'll see you on the Sleep Disorders board, Nene!

~Andie

Lainey_WebMD_Staff replied to Andie_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thanks Andie,

From what I've read so far in the Migraine discussions this is a very interesting community. I will try my best to help in any way I can. :)

NeNe_11 replied to Lainey_WebMD_Staff's response:
Hi Lainey & welcome! I have been suffering from migraines for 15 years now & also have had fibro for about 10 years. I see a doctor & take meds for both. Sometimes they help, sometimes they do not. I am looking forward to your insight on migraines & hope that all of us can get some relief & help others in the process.

Nice to meet you...Lainey

Denise

Lainey_WebMD_Staff replied to NeNe_11's response:
Nice to meet you Denise!

Ouch, 15 years is a long time to suffer with migraines! I tend to get migraines in the winter when my home is closed up and also during allergy season. With so many causes for migraines, we all can share what type of migraines we suffer and what has worked.

Fibro is very painful too. I hope you can find something soon that will give you relief for both.

Thanks for the welcome,

Lainey

Thank you for your kind words, Lainey!
I hope your day is a good one,
Deinse

Hi Denise,

Working for WebMD in their communities, everyday is good. :) I have a friend with fibro and she is amazing in my book. You have to have a great respect for some who suffer so much pain and have great attitudes, like yourself. I broke my ankle last year and you would think I lost my leg! LOL

I hope you had a wonderful day too Denise and thanks for asking!

Lainey

Thanks for the kind words, Lainey. I cannot always bring myself to be positve, in fact I have some pretty bad days mentally but do always find a way to get on going-even if "going" is just lying in bed or on the sofa! Im so glad to be able to come here for advice & hopefully lend help to others who are suffering as well.

NO headache today, so I can say today is a good day!
Take Care,

Denise

Hi Denise,

As you can see, I am here daily and always feel free to post good days or bad. This community is great and I will begin some discussions soon. I am very excited about this community and please let me know if there are anything you would like to begin discussing such as:

Alternative Medications

What Triggers Your Migraines

Off Topics

Any Other Suggestions ??

Hi Lainey,
Any & all discussion are welcome. Im always interested in knowing how others treat their migraines. What meds & or alternative treatments used-what type of doctor they see-how do loved ones respond to their migraines, etc..
Have a good weekend!
Denise

Thanks Denise,

I am creating some plans and hopefully you and other members will chime in our community discussions. I agree with you, I always want to know what helps someone else or alternative medicines.

You have a great weekend too!

Lainey

Helpful Tips

Migranes
I have found that taking 2 excedrine migrane and two benedryl helps with most of mine better that perscription pain pills More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center