Includes Expert Content
depression help :(
chrissyzajac posted:
a little over a year ago I had a beautiful baby girl and after wards had postpardum depression that never went away so i was put on zoloft. i had to cold turkey the pills because i could not afford them. Since then I have moved away with my boyfriend and baby girl. Betwwen all the stress he gives me, having no family or friends here, and NEVER gong out together for family/holiday functions ive been very depressed lately. I know for a fact im more clinically depressed then back then. im gonna kinda vent at whats all bothering me . ive been to this new home (18 hours away from EVERYONE i know ) since december. almost 6 months and i have absolutely noone to hang out with or talk to. and the problem is I dont want to make friends (even tho i kinda do) and i dont trust anyone here. especially with my daughter. thats why im a stay at home mom and he works. his job requires him to be on call 24/7 and neer has days off. when he does get days off its either on his computer talking to friends or out and about with friends. he knows how i feel and how i want him to spend time with me like were actually a couple (cuz we are) and not just roommates. i dont want to get out of the house, i dont want to make friends, and id rather lay on the couch all day then take my baby for a walk (i dont want to do anything alone) . this all is DEFINITELY not like me. im normally never home and always willing to make new friends. i know i need help/pills but i cant afford them and have no insurance. (not to mention the bf thinks i dont need pills and thinks im just being stupid *normal girly issues*) is there a way i can get free depression pills? ive tried to fill out forms for govt Medicaid but problem is his job/boss. i dont want to get into it.

An_205243 responded:
You need to contact a local helpline. In my city it's called the "contact helpline". Check the City pages in a local phone book (in the government section). Ask them where you can locate a free clinic. You can also call the local Salvation Army office and ask where a free medical clinic is located. I have volunteered with the local SA and they have info for many free services for those in need. That's where I would start. Counseling and medication may help you fee better, and then you can begin to work on the relationship problems. And, God is available right now...He is listening and knows your situation and knows your heart. Prayer is powerful. If you have access to a bible...read the book of John which is the fourth gospel in the new testament.

carpetcrawler5 responded:
I agree it's good to have a relationship with Jesus. I don't really count on him to relieve my pain, but it's good to just have a cross near you and keep it on your keychain or something, reminding you that he's there for you and supports you. There are parts of the bible that can be comforting. Also I would actually put some space between you and your guy, who doesn't seem to really be helping you but just the opposite. As you have a baby, you need some good support from your spouse or at least a good friend.

One medication I have found that helps me is Neurontin. If you get to a sliding scale clinic (or Urgent care at your county hospital) definitly try that one, although it is rather more expensive. But you ultimatly need to get back on your meds. No reason to continue feeling so bad, and not functioning. And although this is a headache site, we're here to help you anytime.

carpetcrawler5 replied to carpetcrawler5's response:
Your little girl is cute, by the way. :)

NeNe_11 replied to carpetcrawler5's response:
Carpetcrawler..Are you saying you take neurontin for depression? I take it as well for headaches & fibro but never heard of it for depression. Im just interested, thats all.

Denise

NeNe_11 responded:
Please visit the depression community as well-you may find more specific help relating to depression. Did you know that you can get some depression/anxiety meds filled at Walmart for $4.00 with or without insurance?

I know things are tough for you now, but thank God you have a beautiful little daughter to brighten your spirits.

yukonok replied to NeNe_11's response:
Neurontin is an anti-seizure medication and I don't know if it's used for depression or not. It is used for migraine prevention by some. It had pretty nasty side effects when I took it as a migraine preventitive, so I can't recommend it. Look at the Mayoclinic website for information on "St. John's Wort". It has antidepressive properties (can't be used if you're also taking perscription antidepression medication). It may help if you can't get to a doctor soon, but look it up on the Mayo site first, so you learn about it before using. It's over the counter at Walmart and inexpensive.

DUKE MEDICINE
Timothy Collins, MD responded:
As someone else has said, there are several good depression medications on the $4 list a walmart or target. Most places have a free medical clinic of some sort, which can help too.

(the $4 list means that for $4 you get a 30 day supply of the medication)

carpetcrawler5 replied to NeNe_11's response:
Yes I take it for depression. I also take thyroid meds, because my thyroid causes me to get most of the depression.