Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
wow! It helped
penguie posted:
So last night I had a really nasty migraine that my meds barely touched. Only took my migraine from a 12 to a 9 on a scale of 1-10
Almost went to the hospital but decided to try accupuncture first and it surprisingly worked. Now I am jsut dealing with the hangover feeling from it all. I was skeptical at first but wow. I am happy that it did help. Was much better than going to the hospital with the noise and lights.

Lainey_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Penguie,

Welcome to the community! Please feel free to join our discussions and share your advice. I love your pic!

I am so glad that you found a treatment to help your migraines. It would be great if you shared the acupuncture process with us!

Thanks,

Lainey
Pain is temporary. It may last a minute or an hour or a day or a year but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever. Lance Armstrong

penguie replied to Lainey_WebMD_Staff's response:
It was pretty simple and straight forward. It invovled only 2 needles just one an each side of the inner nailbed of the baby finger which is apparently a very painful place to be stuck but given the migraine pain I did not feel a thing. The points represent the start and end of the heart line which can be associated with migraine pain from what I understand and the treatment only works during an active migraine. I would definitely do it again to save a trip to the hospital when the meds fail

NeNe_11 replied to penguie's response:
Dear Penguie....I have used accupuncture for fibro pain & it felt great but did not help in the long run. So you said in your previous post that you had a hangover effect from it? Can you explain what that is all about? If it works I guess its worth it!

penguie replied to NeNe_11's response:
think the hangover was from the gravol i had to take to keep my head out of the toilet and from the fact the migraine had been able to advance so far. Since it had struck around 4am I was not able to go right away and mesds were not toucching it so around 9am when I went it was pretty nasty. Si I do think the hangover was likely from the meds and especially the 100mg gravol on board since it is common for me to get the migraine hangover. I do hope if i try it again with the next one that perhaps it can help and maybe no hangover effect

Helpful Tips

Soda for Sinuses
I know this sounds crazy but I swear by a can of Coca-Cola whenever my sinus headaches flare. Gives me a long for medicine to kick into ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 37 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center