wow! It helped
penguie posted:
So last night I had a really nasty migraine that my meds barely touched. Only took my migraine from a 12 to a 9 on a scale of 1-10
Almost went to the hospital but decided to try accupuncture first and it surprisingly worked. Now I am jsut dealing with the hangover feeling from it all. I was skeptical at first but wow. I am happy that it did help. Was much better than going to the hospital with the noise and lights.

Lainey_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Penguie,

Welcome to the community! Please feel free to join our discussions and share your advice. I love your pic!

I am so glad that you found a treatment to help your migraines. It would be great if you shared the acupuncture process with us!

Thanks,

Lainey
Pain is temporary. It may last a minute or an hour or a day or a year but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever. Lance Armstrong

penguie replied to Lainey_WebMD_Staff's response:
It was pretty simple and straight forward. It invovled only 2 needles just one an each side of the inner nailbed of the baby finger which is apparently a very painful place to be stuck but given the migraine pain I did not feel a thing. The points represent the start and end of the heart line which can be associated with migraine pain from what I understand and the treatment only works during an active migraine. I would definitely do it again to save a trip to the hospital when the meds fail

NeNe_11 replied to penguie's response:
Dear Penguie....I have used accupuncture for fibro pain & it felt great but did not help in the long run. So you said in your previous post that you had a hangover effect from it? Can you explain what that is all about? If it works I guess its worth it!

penguie replied to NeNe_11's response:
think the hangover was from the gravol i had to take to keep my head out of the toilet and from the fact the migraine had been able to advance so far. Since it had struck around 4am I was not able to go right away and mesds were not toucching it so around 9am when I went it was pretty nasty. Si I do think the hangover was likely from the meds and especially the 100mg gravol on board since it is common for me to get the migraine hangover. I do hope if i try it again with the next one that perhaps it can help and maybe no hangover effect