Ongoing Headache
FoamTrees posted:
Starting Friday (5/20/2011) I've been having these awful headaches (top, back of my head. sometimes just on one side). Friday and Saturday were the worst, so far. On Saturday, while working out, I started feeling nauseous and my throat and neck started to tighten slightly. After that, it turned into more of a nagging headache and since then (now four days later, so far) I've been waking up with it and it'll go away within a few hours.

I considered a couple of things: Migraines - which I've never had before. But now after reading up on it, the headaches aren't debilitating and I function just fine... no sensitivity to sound or bright lights. Tension headaches - which I used to get, although not at this level (of pain), and at most they would last two days. My WORST thought/fear is that it could be an aneurysm. I don't know enough about aneurysms to dismiss it, but I think I'm just freaking out at this point.

Nothing about my diet or routine have changed in the last 3 months. I'm not taking any medication, except for allergies (Dimetapp) on an as needed basis. To treat the headaches, I've taken aspirin but it only relieves the pain for 1 to 2 hours. I'm also wondering if I should go to Urgent Care or something, but I feel a little silly going there for a headache.

Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

NeNe_11 responded:
I think if you were having an aneuysm I dont think the pain would come & go. Ive heard it described as being the worst possible pain. Make an appointment with your doctor who can determine the type of headache you have been having & can prescribe something for you to take when you feel them coming on. Ask that doc for a referral to a neurologist who can better treat your headaches longterm.
Take Care,
Denise

carpetcrawler5 responded:
Also some of your headaches could be from neck or spine issues.