Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Migraines and Seizures?
Honkadoodle posted:
Yesterday, I woke up with a migraine headache that would NOT go away, so I did the only thing I know to help when it is being persistent: Sleep! Thank goodness I was at my folks' house, because during my nap, Dad heard me making weird noises, and when he found me, I was convulsing, with mucus and blood coming out of my mouth. (the blood was from biting my tongue) He managed to wake me up, but then I didn't know who he was, who I was, what year it was, etc. I don't remember any of this; he told me about it later. All I remember is "waking up" to find two paramedics talking to me. Even after that, it took me a while to get my bearings about me.

My question is, was the migraine the trigger for this seizure? I have had the kind of migraines that mimic strokes, so I'm just curious if this is another extreme symptom, or is this something more serious?

Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Honkadoodle and welcome :)

Did you get to the doctor? Did you call at least and speak to someone there? Please follow up with the doctor and let us know how you are doing. There is no guessing at this, you need to see the doc ASAP.

Hope you are feeling better.
Chrissy~ Difficulties are meant to rouse, not discourage. The human spirit is to grow strong by conflict. -William Ellery Channing

Helpful Tips

Migraine Prevention MedicationsExpert
Which medications work for migraine prevention? This question comes up all the time, so I've made a list of some of the medications we use ... More
Was this Helpful?
79 of 107 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center