Sinus Headache SOS!
An_205258 posted:
I've been suffering a mean sinus headache for the past few days--perhaps due to high pollen levels where I live (NY). I have a lot of allergies. I am also on Verapamil for chronic tension headaches, which was working very well until I got hit with this one over the weekend. I'm taking Zyrtec-D, and using my neti pot every morning and every evening. I'm certain it's a sinus headache as the pain is different from my tension headaches- it's lots of pressure and pain behind my eyes, forehead, and nose. Does anyone have anything to recommend for relief? Tylenol helps a bit, but my neuro told me not to take it more than twice a week to prevent rebound headaches.

NeNe_11 responded:
I was using Nasonex for about 2 years for the sinuses then figured out it was causing more headaches. I quit using it & have been using the over the counter saline spray-Ayr. It has kept my sinuses at bay. I do have quite a bit of migraines that are more in line with menstration.

carpetcrawler5 responded:
You could actually be having Cluster headaches, which have all of the symptoms you were describing, such as pain behind the eyes.