Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
What Works Best For You?
Chris_WebMD_Staff posted:
I was wondering if we could share a bit as to what works well for you when you are suffering with a migraine or headache.

I put a cold rag on my head and lay quietly in a dark room. I get waves in my eyes, ocular migraines, and closing my eyes tends to help the best with some meds.

What do you do that works for you?
Chrissy~

Difficulties are meant to rouse, not discourage. The human spirit is to grow strong by conflict.
      -William Ellery Channing

Grandmaof03 responded:
I put an icebag on my neck....close the blinds and make sure the room is really dark...make sure there is no noise and take my shot of imitrex...

If all is working well...I should feel better within an hour but sometimes I get really tired and have to sleep and rest for the rest of the day....or night whatever the case may be..

I always say Ice on my neck and my imitrex shot feels like heaven...

Chris_WebMD_Staff replied to Grandmaof03's response:
Thank you so much for sharing Grandmaof03!

Hope you are having pain free days!
Chrissy~ Difficulties are meant to rouse, not discourage. The human spirit is to grow strong by conflict. -William Ellery Channing

Helpful Tips

Migraine Prevention MedicationsExpert
Which medications work for migraine prevention? This question comes up all the time, so I've made a list of some of the medications we use ... More
Was this Helpful?
76 of 104 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center