Skip to content
Broken Blood Vessels in Eyes
lortizjr posted:
Has anyone ever heard of a migraine so intense that your blood vessels in both your eyes pop. I look like both of my eyes are bleeding. The blood vessels in my eyelids are broken too. I have suffered from migraines all my life and have never experienced anything like this.

GIpain responded:
Can't say that I have ....and I suffer from severe migraines....how is your blood pressure? Have you had that checked.....to my knowledge broken blood vessels in the eye is not a side effect of a migraine...but rather could be something far more serious....Please see your doctor...and have your BP checked.

Please keep us posted.....Mary Anne

ptjamie01 responded:
Not to sound gross but have you been vomiting severely with the migraines. I had severe vomiting with my pregnancy and this would sometimes happen. Id definately check in with a doctor though

Jamie

GIpain responded:
Jamie....

You would be right...excessive vomitting can cause one to burst vessels in their eyes.....

Mary Anne

Bellamiatk responded:
Yes I have had migraines for the last 5 years and I get really bad presser in my head to the point that I have had broken blood vessels in my eyes and I have even had broken blood vessels in my nose to where my nose bleeds.

karen13830 responded:
I have.Been to a neurologist and he told me take B2 twice a day...guess what haven't had a migraine in 5yrs

Helpful Tips

Yoga Helps
Yoga is a good tool to reducing stress and the headaches that come with it. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center