Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Strange Migraine?
An_205278 posted:
I started this morning by feeling nauseous and it gradually got worse all day. Then at about 6pm I started getting a throbbing headache on the left side of my head. I get migraines about once a month, but I don't usually have N&V, however this was probably the worst migraine symptoms I have ever had. I got up feeling like I was going to vomit, but when I got to the bathroom I didn't, but then the next thing I knew I was waking up on the bathroom floor like I had passed out and I was drenched in sweat. After I woke up the nausea was much, much better and besides being a little confused I actually felt relatively fine. Could this have just been my body's reaction to such a severe migraine or should I go to Urgent Care ASAP?

allie_bf responded:
It's usually a good idea to check out a headache that significantly varies from your usual pattern checked out. Since this headache was much worse in intensity, and was accompanied by symptoms that are not usual for you, you probably should have been in urgent care. Just something to remember for the future, glad to hear that you're feeling better now.

Coki2010 responded:
If you are having different symptoms and something is totally different...yeah go see your doctor. There is a reason something different is happening to your body.

Yes, that is your body's reaction to a severe migraine...something new...when in doubt...check it out!!!

carpetcrawler5 responded:
Yeah if you passed out like that, I would definitly see your dr. I would say to drink coffee right away when the pain starts, but if you're nauseous I'm not sure if that's a good idea. But for your period headaches, coffee could help, although you read things that say not to, I think they're talking about women who get anxiety with thiers.

Helpful Tips

Botox for Headaches FDA approvedExpert
Many of you have heard that Botox (botulinum toxin) has been approved by the FDA for chronic daily headaches or migraines. Chronic daily ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 34 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center