Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
migraines
frenchie2o posted:
I get migraines on a regular basis. I've been taking Maxalt mlt this usually works after two doses but this time I've had a migraine since the 4th of july. Should I be worried?

Coki2010 responded:
If you are worried then you should go to the doctor. But if you are like me it is not unusual for me to have migraines for days on end. I also take Maxalt, however, it doesn't always do the trick for me. I take daily preventatives and sometimes that doesn't always work. If that doesn't work then I take my tritans and if that doesn't work I have my "rescue" meds. And if those don't work then I go to my doctor for help. Usually, a triptan (Maxalt) will work and if it doesn't then my rescue meds usually does the trick.

But almost all doctors will tell you that if your headache is something unusual to you then you will want to make an appointment to see them.

Good luck.

carpetcrawler5 replied to Coki2010's response:
What are your "rescue meds" ?

NeNe_11 replied to Coki2010's response:
I thought that one one referred to rescue meds they meant triptans-maxalt, imitrex, etc.. After reading your post thought I think I am confused. What types of drugs are rescue meds?

Helpful Tips

Migranes
I have found that taking 2 excedrine migrane and two benedryl helps with most of mine better that perscription pain pills More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center