Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
headaches
scottd22 posted:
can week long headaches be attributed to high dew points and humidity?

pain relievers such as advil have not worked in 10 days.

Andie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Scott,

Welcome to the Migraines & Headaches community. I'm filling in for your regular Mod, Chrissy, while she's away today.

That's a good question about the weather and headaches. I knew that heat would be a trigger, but I wasn't sure if humidity would play into it.

This report from WebMD tells us that in a survey of headache sufferers, 73% identified weather or barometric pressure changes as a headache trigger .

Sorry to hear that the pain is not subsiding. Be careful to follow the dosage directions with the OTC pain relievers. I would encourage you to see your doctor. They may be able to prescribe something that works better.

I'm sure our community will be chiming in with their thoughts, too. But, in the meantime, check out that article for some tips on how to cope with headache and migraine triggers.

Hope you feel better soon!

~Andie

Helpful Tips

Botox for Headaches FDA approvedExpert
Many of you have heard that Botox (botulinum toxin) has been approved by the FDA for chronic daily headaches or migraines. Chronic daily ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 34 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center