Skip to content
Step Closer to Unlocking Mysteries of Migraines
Chris_WebMD_Staff posted:
I recently reread this article on WebMD "First Genetic Link Found for Common Migraine."

Got me thinking about my Mom and how she suffered through migraines for many years, and then I did and still do on occasion, and how my daughter, does now as well.

I wanted to share this with you again, it's a good article filled with good information.

Do you know someone in your family that has migraines as well as you?
Can you see a link to your own migraines?
Chrissy~

Difficulties are meant to rouse, not discourage. The human spirit is to grow strong by conflict.
-William Ellery Channing

keeperofthegate responded:
Dear Chris web MD staff Your willian Channing phrase couldn't be more wrong for a migraine Person. I'm doubting you've had migraines since 6th grade, moved into sinus headaches with weather changes to rain or ever screamed From a cluster headache. I know have a new migraine form that's facial in nature. It includes the eyes, sinus area, roof of mouth , teeth, jaw bone and back of the neck. I've been rechecked with a clean bill on my sinus area, dentist and my nuro called it a migraine that involved I Belive it was the "C7" nerve path. I'm 60 yrs old now and trust me I haven't been made strong by this condition. I find the comment offensive and I think many complex headache patients would agree with me. Living in the Thunder Storm Alley of the mid-west I have suffered 2-4 per week from Feb to the first part of sept. Each one takes days to recover but then another front would move in. I'm glad you jumped to the occasion but from a young girl to 60 yrs well I'm beaten down on this subject. I hope others voice there thoughts. Take care. P.S. As for family members, my mother, brother, mothers 4sisters, my daughter, her father and his mother. There is a genetic factor.

carpetcrawler5 responded:
Thanks for the link, it was very informative. I wonder what foods have glutamate in them, I looked it up more and some of them are meats, eggs and milk, because it's an amino acid.

Helpful Tips

Botox for Headaches FDA approvedExpert
Many of you have heard that Botox (botulinum toxin) has been approved by the FDA for chronic daily headaches or migraines. Chronic daily ... More
Was this Helpful?
26 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center