severe headaches and frastration
Laura0711 posted:
Hi Everyone,

I am so frustrated with trying to figure out what will work for the severe migraines/headaches I have been getting and just pain in general. Last night I had migraine I would rate as a 10/10. I tried the Soma 350mg, 3 Ibuprofen 200mg, Biofreeze on my neck and shoulder and an ice pack. Also lying still in a dark quite room. Needless to say I didn't get much sleep. I debated about going in to the ER but didn't because I decide I would see my primary today if I still had a bad headache. When I woke up it was almost all gone I mean it was down to a 4/10. However it hasn't completely gone away the meds don't seem to help much.

I just need some advice about what I should try now and what I could ask my dr that we could try out. I don't know what to do any more and I just feel so frustrated.

Any advice would be welcomed.

Thank You,

Laura

carpetcrawler5 responded:
Take Elavil to get to sleep because it's very hard to sleep when you're in pain. Don't take OTC s because they will make your migs worse when they wear off. Are you on any preventatives? Ask your PCP to give you a referal to see a nuerologist if your migs persist.