Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
severe headaches and frastration
Laura0711 posted:
Hi Everyone,

I am so frustrated with trying to figure out what will work for the severe migraines/headaches I have been getting and just pain in general. Last night I had migraine I would rate as a 10/10. I tried the Soma 350mg, 3 Ibuprofen 200mg, Biofreeze on my neck and shoulder and an ice pack. Also lying still in a dark quite room. Needless to say I didn't get much sleep. I debated about going in to the ER but didn't because I decide I would see my primary today if I still had a bad headache. When I woke up it was almost all gone I mean it was down to a 4/10. However it hasn't completely gone away the meds don't seem to help much.

I just need some advice about what I should try now and what I could ask my dr that we could try out. I don't know what to do any more and I just feel so frustrated.

Any advice would be welcomed.

Thank You,

Laura

carpetcrawler5 responded:
Take Elavil to get to sleep because it's very hard to sleep when you're in pain. Don't take OTC s because they will make your migs worse when they wear off. Are you on any preventatives? Ask your PCP to give you a referal to see a nuerologist if your migs persist.

Helpful Tips

Soda for Sinuses
I know this sounds crazy but I swear by a can of Coca-Cola whenever my sinus headaches flare. Gives me a long for medicine to kick into ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 37 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center