Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Slight body numbness caused by sinus infection? migraine? bulging disc?
Jenn7907 posted:
I have been experiencing a slight numbness sensation primarily in my right pinky and ring finger, but also sometimes in both arms and hands. I occasionally feel the sensation in my lips and tongue. Not 100% positive, but I also think I've felt it in my right leg/foot.

This started 2 weeks ago, right before I had a migraine.

It has continued since then. 2 Days ago I went to my GP to ask about it, yesterday I had a MRI. MRI results for my brain are clean, but show a sinus infection and a slightly bulging disc in my neck. I feel absolutely 0 sinus infection symptoms (and I've had them before, so I know what they usually feel like), and I also don't have any neck pain.

Do you think that the sinus infection (that I don't feel at all) could be causing the sensation in my body? Or is the bulging disc more likely the issue?

DUKE MEDICINE
Timothy Collins, MD responded:
sinus infection would not cause the numbness. It is possible for a nerve problem to cause numbness, rather than a brain problem. You may want to ask your doctor for a neurology consultation

carpetcrawler5 responded:
Many people who get migraines get the numbness you're talking about. I would get my neck checked out if I were you.

Helpful Tips

Supplements for headachesExpert
A lot of my patients ask about herbal supplements for headaches. There are very few studies of supplements for headaches, but there are ... More
Was this Helpful?
48 of 65 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center