Includes Expert Content
Slight body numbness caused by sinus infection? migraine? bulging disc?
Jenn7907 posted:
I have been experiencing a slight numbness sensation primarily in my right pinky and ring finger, but also sometimes in both arms and hands. I occasionally feel the sensation in my lips and tongue. Not 100% positive, but I also think I've felt it in my right leg/foot.

This started 2 weeks ago, right before I had a migraine.

It has continued since then. 2 Days ago I went to my GP to ask about it, yesterday I had a MRI. MRI results for my brain are clean, but show a sinus infection and a slightly bulging disc in my neck. I feel absolutely 0 sinus infection symptoms (and I've had them before, so I know what they usually feel like), and I also don't have any neck pain.

Do you think that the sinus infection (that I don't feel at all) could be causing the sensation in my body? Or is the bulging disc more likely the issue?

DUKE MEDICINE
Timothy Collins, MD responded:
sinus infection would not cause the numbness. It is possible for a nerve problem to cause numbness, rather than a brain problem. You may want to ask your doctor for a neurology consultation

carpetcrawler5 responded:
Many people who get migraines get the numbness you're talking about. I would get my neck checked out if I were you.