Skip to content
Problems with Promethazine?
NoMoreJim posted:
I recently start seeing a neurologist at the Cleveland Clinic headache clinic for my migraines and one of the things he prescribed for me was promethazine. I took it for the first time yesterday and am wondering if anyone has a had bad reactions to it... with about an hour of taking it I could barely keep my eyes open(I only took 1 12.5mg, which from what I can tell is a very small dose) but my legs were so restless I couldn't sit still. Even 8 hours after taking it this was still going on and after sleeping most of the day I also slept all night. I know it can be extremely sedating, so I guess I'm not to considered about that part but the restless legs were just awful! Has anyone ever had a reaction like this? and what should do? I obviously don't want to take this medication! Should I tell my doctor that I think I'm allergic to it because I had such a strong reaction?

Also, are there any anti-nausea medications out there that won't cause this?

Thanks!

carpetcrawler5 responded:
Promethazine is Ohenergan, an anti-nausea drug. Did you look up it's side effects? If you're getting a reaction like that with it, I wouldn't take it anymore, and tell your dr.

Helpful Tips

Migraines
laying down in a dark room always helps me. More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center