Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Migraine Medication
HelyaofKY posted:
I've been on Topiratmate 50mg for a month now and have seen a good drop in my migraine episodes so far. This is my first ever medication for my migraines and am shocked something worked this quick as I suffered for so long. Anyone else have quick success with their medication?

allie_bf responded:
I had quick success with beta blockers. Unfortunately, they also lowered my heart rate to the lower 30s just as quickly. While they were great for the migraines, I could never get to a dose that was low enough to keep my heart rate w/i acceptable levels, and work on the headaches. Quite a disappointment.

lilyred responded:
I myself have been on Topomax for over a year and it has worked wonderfully as long as taken as directed. My dr did up my dosage back in June because the severity of my migraines, but it helped as well.

Helpful Tips

Soda for Sinuses
I know this sounds crazy but I swear by a can of Coca-Cola whenever my sinus headaches flare. Gives me a long for medicine to kick into ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 37 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center