Skip to content
chronic migraines
kaw158 posted:
im 21 years old and have been suffering from chronic migraines since march of 2011 when i had viral meningitis. theses migraines are so bad that i have to go to the er. I have been hospitalized 2 times and been in 3 different ers several times for treatment. i have seen 2 neurologist had triger punchers done tried several medications the doctors have prescribed have been seeing pain management and have done physical therapy for my neck to see if it reduces the pain and nothing seems to be working except for the medication the ER gives me. I don't know what to do I deal with these migraines daily and some times they never go away. I get nausea, light headed and dizzy, cold chills,sensitive to sound and light etc. when i get the migraines the either start on the left or right side of my head and the pain goes back towards my neck. they feel like my head is ready to explode. everyone doctor i have seen can't figure out what the cause is. I have had ct/ and mri scans of my brain and they came back negitive. does anyone have any suggestions.

HeadachesSuck22 responded:
Have you seen a nuerologist?? Have you had a lumbar puncture?? Maybe your spine is making too much spinal fluid. That's what I have.
Sandra

carpetcrawler5 responded:
Clearly your neck has been damaged in some way,

carpetcrawler5 replied to carpetcrawler5's response:
OK I looked it up and you should do a search because there's a lot of information about post-meningitis headaches. In fact, it seems to be one of the major symptoms. I think it's difficult to treat. Try putting ice around your head?

Helpful Tips

Botox for Headaches FDA approvedExpert
Many of you have heard that Botox (botulinum toxin) has been approved by the FDA for chronic daily headaches or migraines. Chronic daily ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center