Skip to content
Radiating headache from base of the skull to front of my head with occassional blurriness in left eye
TinaAnne72 posted:
I've had a radiating headache from the base of my skull to the front of my forehead on the right side for 7 days straight. The pain is not that of a migraine but is getting worse. To turn my head quickly or look up or even strain when I use the restroom makes my head pound. I also have had a blurr in my left eye in the morning for about 15-20 minutes and at night. I'm completely baffled and it"s starting to really become debilitating.

I'm a 39yr old female. I've been diagnosed with hypoglycemia, CFS, anemia, high blood pressure, IBS and acid reflux. I get migraines at least 2x a month from 1-3 days long. Does anyone have any ideas, thoughts or solutions? I appreciate any help!

carpetcrawler5 responded:
What is CFS?

It sounds to me like you have a neck problem. See your dr and he might give you a steroid shot in your neck. Also pain in your eye could be cluster headache, although it isn't likely in your case. In clusters, the pain is behind one eye, but not really other places in your head.

CozyTime replied to carpetcrawler5's response:
CFS--Chronic Fatigue Syndrome CFID--Chronic Fatigue Immine Defiency (sp?)

CF has been compared to MS and Heart Failure by some studies. One I found on this site then taken off webmd for a test Very hard to live with. You have zero energy. You usually get it after a major sickness like mono or a surgery. They don't know why.

I put some resources on the fibro site under tips a few weeks ago. Terrible disease. Many who have CFS also have Fibro.

TinaAnne72 replied to carpetcrawler5's response:
No, not a neck problem. I didn't hurt myself and there is no pain behind my eye. I was getting blurred vision in one eye for about 15min for 5 days but it stopped. I believe almost 100% this is Occipital Neuralgia. Just yesterday the symptoms stopped being continuous but the occipital nerve is sensitive. If I cough I can feel it pulsating.

I'm going to go to an acupuncturist as many of the ON sites suggest it. Getting a steroid shot in my occipital nerve is one of the "quick" temporary relief suggestions but the side effects after are not a fix I want to deal with. I'm just so thankful it's not continuous anymore. I don't know how much longer I could've coped with that.

It seems to come back on for a bit in the morning, bit in the afternoon and a bit a night but I can deal with 15-30 minutes, not 24/7 as it was. I've changed some of my diet to help with the BP as we talked about Cozy and added supplements that naturally lower as well just in case this is an added stress-er to the condition.

Bmack0035 responded:
I myself had a headache for over 40 days straight with exact symptoms as yours other than very slight blurred vision. Went to chiro as I thought maybe neck issue....nope.....doctor next....said nerve issue in my neck....sent me to physical therapy....nope.....neuro finally....chronic tension...yep....it's been almost a month now and I take a pill only when I feel headache coming on and mentally I feel better as the neuro was spot on describing how i felt....hang in there and you will find relief

Helpful Tips

Migraines
laying down in a dark room always helps me. More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center