Skip to content
head pain
Desiree856 posted:
So my headache is more of head pain. I feel pressure on the whole head no specific area being effected more then another. When I hold my head it make it subside until I let go and it comes back. I am flushed feeling and very irritable. I don't normally get headaches so when I do I worry. Please help, is there something else that could be going on or should I just wait this out and try basic headache remedies,

Swimgirl57 responded:
It sounds like a migraine... you could try excedrin (except I think it's still off the market)... try whatever usually works for you, but you probably need to see a Neurologist to rule out other things. I say try excedrin because of the caffeine that's in that pill that really helps people with their headaches. Good luck to you.

carpetcrawler5 responded:
Don't take the Excedrin. OTC meds will make it worse when they wear off. You're better off drinking coffee or eating some chocolate right away. If you don't only take that right when the pain begins, consuming the caffeine at other times will make it worse.

Helpful Tips

Migraines
laying down in a dark room always helps me. More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center