Children and Migranes
kimleer posted:
My 11 year old son who has Type 1 Diabetes woke the other morning with a severe migraine. He could not talk at all, only cried hysterically, did not know names of his pets or any other question we asked him, and walked around as if he were Autistic - in circles feeling everything he could touch! We thought that he may have had a siezure in the middle of the night or something. I suffer from migraines myself so that was the 2nd thing I asked him (1st checking his BG level) but he could not answer. The confusion and crying and most of his memory was back to almost normal within 15-20 minutes and we decided to take him to the ER. THey gave him an IV with meds for the headache and nausea but no CT scan was ordered. I am following up with Pediatrician and Diabetes Docs but no one seems to be as concerned as we are! Has anybody ever heard of this severe of a migraine? in a child?

carpetcrawler5 responded:
Diabetes can cause migraines. Yeah there are many people who get migraines just as bad if not worse. Maybe take him to a pediactric neuro?