Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Please help
headacheallday posted:
I have had 3 surgeries with Dr. Ducic, and even though I see improvement, my neurologist is still treating for possible rebound and weaning me off Vicodin to really know the results of my surgeries.
Now my Disability Insurance has denied my pay of benefits claiming that I can still teach (I am a teacher), and there is nothing on the doctors' notes indicating "complications" after surgery.
Don't they understand I can only take 3 pills a day now, and I am still in pain, and it will take months to know the result of the surgery.
Anyone, PLEASE let me know if you have had a similar experience, which diagnose codes were used, anything to help me keep my finances afloat while suffering (for 3 years now), but optimistic that I will be fine in a couple of months. Thank you.

carpetcrawler5 responded:
What did you get the surgery for? Was it for migraines, and did it help you? Don't know of any surgery that helps migraines.
If you can't work because you are in pain all of the time, get a lawyer and also you have to have the neuro state on the papers that everything he has given you does not work and you can't get to a job. Maybe if you try to get Social Security disability it will work out better. If you get better later, you could return to work if your neuro says you can.

headacheallday replied to carpetcrawler5's response:
Thanks for the suggestions. We are already trying some. Let's see.
Yes! I had surgeries for my chronic migraines/headaches because after several years of trials, medicines, tests, different diagnosis, we believe I have an inflammation of a specific nerve system in my head.
The surgeon opens the scalp and releases the inflamed nerve from the muscle tissue (the scalp itself). By doing this, the nerves get really "angry" for a while, but it "heals" the inflammation which results in fewer or less acute headaches. It is a series of 6 areas that are (or could be) affected, one more than others, and they go area by area doing the release, until the inflammation is gone. Last resort, they cut the base of the nerve, and I'll have numbness for the rest of my life, but it does not affect vision, movement or anything like that. Check his website - Peripheral Nerve Surgery - Dr. Ivica Ducic, Georgetown University Hospital.

itmatsb responded:
Apply for the disability even though you think that you will be fine in a couple of months. You really don't know for sure. It should take at least that long to get the disability, although maybe they give the money retroactively. Carpetcrawler gave you excellent advice.

Helpful Tips

Migraine Prevention MedicationsExpert
Which medications work for migraine prevention? This question comes up all the time, so I've made a list of some of the medications we use ... More
Was this Helpful?
79 of 107 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center