Skip to content
Please help
headacheallday posted:
I have had 3 surgeries with Dr. Ducic, and even though I see improvement, my neurologist is still treating for possible rebound and weaning me off Vicodin to really know the results of my surgeries.
Now my Disability Insurance has denied my pay of benefits claiming that I can still teach (I am a teacher), and there is nothing on the doctors' notes indicating "complications" after surgery.
Don't they understand I can only take 3 pills a day now, and I am still in pain, and it will take months to know the result of the surgery.
Anyone, PLEASE let me know if you have had a similar experience, which diagnose codes were used, anything to help me keep my finances afloat while suffering (for 3 years now), but optimistic that I will be fine in a couple of months. Thank you.

An_244937 responded:
What kind of surgery did you have?

headacheallday replied to An_244937's response:
I've had 3 surgeries because the nerves are interconnected...base of the neck (occipital), temples and top of the head. Peripheral Nerve, with Dr. Ivica Ducic (pls see his website - Georgetown University Hospital).
I've had the left side of my neck, both temples and both top of the head nerves tweaked.
Since the surgery went well, my Benefit Dept. doesn't understand that I am not pain free. I still have to do the right side of the neck, and it nothing works, he comes in again and cuts the nerve instead of just releasing it from the muscle tissue and therefore improving the inflammatory process. It's helped A LOT, but I still suffer "different" headaches 24/7.

carpetcrawler5 replied to headacheallday's response:
Headacheallday help me understand this. The surgery was done for migraines?

headacheallday replied to carpetcrawler5's response:
Well, I don't have the traditional migraine with photo phobia, nausea, etc. I have steady headaches, 24 hours a day, in different parts of the head, being between a 3 and a 4 on the pain scale, but YES they are called "migraines," and the surgery was done because they believe the cause is the inflammation of the nerves on both sides of the head. When they first opened my occipital area, base of the head, above the neck, they expected the nerve to be attached to the muscle tissue of the scalp, but it was much worse. It was all intertwined inside the "flesh"...much worse than they had anticipated, but that's basically my diagnosis.

Helpful Tips

Migraine Prevention MedicationsExpert
Which medications work for migraine prevention? This question comes up all the time, so I've made a list of some of the medications we use ... More
Was this Helpful?
79 of 107 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center