Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
How to wean off of Nortriptyline
bfdjon posted:
I no longer have health insurance and can't afford my meds or to go to the doctor. They will not renew my scripts without me going in to see the doctor. One of the meds I have been taking is 10MG of Nortriptyline 1 pill at night for about 4 or so years. I have about 10 pills left and wondering how to wean myself off or if I need to wean myself off. They are a capsule so can't break them in half.

Thanks in advance.

bfdjon responded:
I should say I can afford my meds as they aren't a lot of money through Walmart/Target but can't afford the doctors visit to get the new scripts.

carpetcrawler5 responded:
There are ways to get the meds you need. Amitriptyline which is almost the same thing costs very little, actually. If it's really bad, maybe you can go to the websites of the drug you need and apply to get them free if you qualify.
Also, go to the county hospital where they have to treat you on a sliding scale basis. Does your state have health care for low income people? It would be a shame to not be able to get the meds you need to help you.

Helpful Tips

Botox for Headaches FDA approvedExpert
Many of you have heard that Botox (botulinum toxin) has been approved by the FDA for chronic daily headaches or migraines. Chronic daily ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 34 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center