Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
7 year old boy with migranes
tbex55 posted:
my son is 7 he has been complaining of headaches for months more than 6 months. he says the pain is in the middle of his head as in where the crown chakra is. Do not know what could be causing but he get these headaches several times per week. I took him to the doctor and they have done test.... he has several things that can be causing.... he does not take in enough liquids, he uses computer and video games a lot lately nintendo 3ds but the headaches were happening even before. sleeps late wakes up early for school

calmbeach responded:
I can't tell you what it causing your son's migraines but I can sympathize with him. I am 53, and my migraines started when I was at least 8 years old -- long before computers and video games. I can track them back to that age because I had a headache the day my cat died (long story), but there could be some stress triggers. I do know now that my triggers include sleeping either too much or not enough. It has to be just the right amount.

allie_bf responded:
Even though his headaches were happening before the video games, it's still worth making sure that low vision is not causing some of his problems. Many times kids with poor vision do not realize just now bad their vision is, and he might benefit with glasses. Migraine pain can occur where he is complaining of the pain so it's certainly a possibility that he is having migraines. Keep up with his pediatrician's recommendations and suggestions, and continue their workup, as needed. Also, since many (if not most) migraineurs have more difficulty in the summer heat, make sure that he takes in enough fluids each day so that dehydration does not become an additional trigger for his headaches.

NotYourAnswer responded:
I began suffering from migraines at about age 13 or 14. For years I wasn't able to figure out why or what caused them. Finally after about 15 years, I realized that the color of the food I was eating seemed to have an effect. Try to cut out red, yellow, and blue food dyes and see if that helps. Look on the ingredient list on food containers, and those dyes are listed. Just try process of elimination.

Helpful Tips

Botox for Headaches FDA approvedExpert
Many of you have heard that Botox (botulinum toxin) has been approved by the FDA for chronic daily headaches or migraines. Chronic daily ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 34 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center