Wondering About Unusual Symptoms
Greenearth posted:
I have been experiencing some strange symptoms and would like to know if anyone else has had the same symptoms. I get a very shaky, anxious feeling first, then nausea, loss of appetite and very weak, then my eye will bleed and I get a headache. This has been happening for quite awhile now and I have been to eye doctors, GP's and a neurologist. No one has an answer for me. After these episodes I get very tired and sleep. The next day I am very tired.

Please, has anyone experienced this kind of episode.

Thank you for any response.

Dibba67 responded:
Greenearth, I am really sorry to hear that you are going through this. It must be awful for you. I'm sorry that I can't be of any help with the symptoms you describe but I sincerely hope that you get an answer soon.

marv18 responded:
Wow, that sounds awful. Everything except the eye bleeding sounds like a migraine. I have not heard nor experienced that particular effect. The shakes, anxiety, weakness, and loss of appetite or nausea, are common in the prodrome phase of a migraine followed by the headache. For some, a migraine is followed by intense fatigue and sometimes, shakiness. As for the blood in the eye, if your doctors have not been able to diagnose it, maybe it is a side effect specific to you. Personally, I would continue to seek advice and a definitive answer to that.

Out of curiosity, does the blood flow out or pool in the eye? I have had moments of such extreme vomiting I have burst blood vessels in my eyes, but that just leaves a red blotch on the eyeball.

Greenearth replied to marv18's response:
Thank you for your response. This has been such a mystery. I intend to keep searching for an answer.

The blood flows out of vessels in the eye and disappears in a day or two. The blood flow signals the apex of the symptoms and then there is extreme fatigue and a lot of sleep. It takes about 3-4 days before I am "normal" again.

marv18 replied to Greenearth's response:
I hope that you are able to find your answer. Try to visit an opthamologist rather than the regular optometrist if you haven't yet. Best of luck.