Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Tumor symptoms without the tumor!
Dibba67 posted:
Hello everyone, I approached my GP last year as I was experiencing headaches completely unlike the migraines I had experienced off and on for 20 or so years. I actually thought that they might be cluster headaches but my doctor felt that they were another form of migraine. Combined with some other symptoms I was experiencing - memory issues, dizziness, fainting, etc, he ordered a CT- which was abnormal- followed by an MRI. The MRI showed lesions and 'rings' in my brain and while the lesions are apparently caused by the migraines and are of no concern, the 'rings' are still under investigation. Meanwhile the migraine patterns have changed dramatically again. I have also developed new olfactory and optical symptoms as well as (vividly) remembering things that haven't happened. Nothing exciting, unfortunately, simply mundane tasks that I can remember doing that I haven't actually done. My neurologist, who has quite a sense of humor, says that I have all the symptoms of a tumor without the actual tumor! Has anyone else experienced additional symptoms like these with their migraines? Thanks for reading.

Helpful Tips

Botox for Headaches FDA approvedExpert
Many of you have heard that Botox (botulinum toxin) has been approved by the FDA for chronic daily headaches or migraines. Chronic daily ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 34 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center