Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
migraine
Jasmynlee posted:
I have had a migraine going on 8 days now. My PCP says it stems from my chronic neck issues (C3 to C5 bone spurs, C5 bulging disc, Cervical Stenosis going further and further going down my down) I have been to the ER 2xs in the last few days and no relief and d/c'd after a few hours. Every med they have tried on me has not work, not touch it. CT scan was normal, bld wk normal, I am ready to just take my head off and try to clean it out and put it back on. Please any help, is appreciated

itmatsb responded:
Hard to believe that no med has helped with your pain. Did the ER try morphine or Diuladid (sp?) or opiates? You perhaps should be starting a daily preventative migraine medication but it takes awhile to work.

Yes, neck and shoulder tension can greatly exacerbate migraines. I went through physical therapy and now use the exercises almost daily to loosen up my neck. It feels so good to do.

You may also benefit from nerve block or trigger point injections which greatly loosen up the neck. But don't do your PT exercises for about a week after getting them or it squeezes out the injection.

Hope this might help you.

Sara

Helpful Tips

Botox for Headaches FDA approvedExpert
Many of you have heard that Botox (botulinum toxin) has been approved by the FDA for chronic daily headaches or migraines. Chronic daily ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 34 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center