Skip to content
BLEEDING FROM EAR
Shasta0414 posted:
HELP**
I have had migraines my entire life. That is not the issue now tho. I have had the latest headacche for the past 2 days. With a fever (which I normally do not get a fever at all)
The strange part is the body aches from my shoulders down my back all the way into my neck not flu like aches it literally HURTS

The part I need your help in:::I was washing my hair earlier today and when I went to clean the water out of my ear. which I felt draining. I noticed it was blood...
Not from a scratch It was deep in my ear.

My aunt is a nurse and is very worried about meningitis
But I dont understand how something like bleeding from your ear can just start up like this.

doxielover10 responded:
I have had a Migraine from hell for 5 weeks, my doctor gave me Vicodin. I am an extremely Rapid Cycling Bipolar and I take a multitude of medications. I am so miserable, all I do is stay in a dark room, close my eyes and pray the nausea subsides. My ears hurt so much, I just cry.

I had surgery on a gland in my neck at MD Anderson Hospital, in May. When I had this surgery my tongue became 3 times the normal size because they lift it and cup open your mouth under the tongue. Ever since I've had infections, this one is sinus and when my Doctor looked in my ears, he was horrified. They were leaking clear liquid and blood. I woke up 3 or 4 times with my pillow covered in blood leaking from my ear. I'm now taking Augmenten and Amoxcicillin. I have migraines 24/7 , my tongue is swollen and I'm concerned about taking barbituates. I DON'T know what to do ?

Helpful Tips

Supplements for headachesExpert
A lot of my patients ask about herbal supplements for headaches. There are very few studies of supplements for headaches, but there are ... More
Was this Helpful?
50 of 67 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center