Skip to content
Migraines
dselin68 posted:
I have been having severe migraines for the past 4 months. I have been tentivily diagnosed with Lupus by my pcp, but my RA doc, still has not, because my bloodwork is all over the place. The last two years, my blood work either comes back positive, or equivical. my PCP has seen me broke out, swollen and has consistantly said I have the disease. My mother passed away from lupus. I have had a kidney biopsey, also. My question is, everytime I have a flare-up, i get a massive migraine, and it usually results in a er trip. I've been to the ER twice this week. I had a CT scan with no dye, because I'm allergic. Said that my brain was swollen,(because of my migraine), but didn't seem to have abnormalties. I am on Sumatriptan, but it does not help, most of the time. I drink plenty of water, have no caffine, and try to do breathing exercises. nothing seems to work. Should I be seeing a neurologist by now?

dimerbox responded:
Yes go now! I'm going through the same thing I've been having migraines for three months now and finally got in to see neurologist. Can provide so much more information for you and also ordered an MRI right off the bat as it can show much more detail. I hope you find answers!

dselin68 replied to dimerbox's response:
Thankyou so much for your reply, I was just back In the ER Monday night. This time I was in there for 4 hours because of my migraine with vomiting. My blood pressure was 190 over 154. The ER doc said I was on the verge of a stroke. I contacted my pcp, and I can't get into see a neurlogist for 6 weeks........I hope I can last that long.

itmatsb replied to dselin68's response:
So sorry that you can't see a neurologist for so long. Make sure that you take your blood pressure to make sure it is in the proper range. Your pcp should have given you blood pressure medicine if you are not in a normal range. High blood pressure is one of the most important risk factors for having a stroke.

Helpful Tips

Yoga Helps
Yoga is a good tool to reducing stress and the headaches that come with it. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center