Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
PAIN AND TINGLING IN THE BACK AND TOP OF MY HEAD
CARIBLUE posted:
HELLO

I'M A 41 YEARS OLD WOMAN, ACTIVE AND WITH HEALTHY HABITS, NO SMOKE, NO ALCOHOL. TWO YEARS AGO, WHILE I WAS DOING ABDOMINAL WORKOUT ON THE FLOOR AT THE GYM, I HAD A TERRIBLE PAIN IN MY HEAD WHEN I LIFTED MY BACK/NECK/HEAD FROM THE FLOOR. PAIN WAS THE ONLY SYMPTOM, NO NAUSEA, NO VOMITING, NO DIZZYNESS, NO LOST OF VISION OR NOTHING ELSE, JUST HORRIBLE HEADACHE.
SINCE THEN, I SUFFER CHRONIC PAIN IN THE BACK OF MY HEAD, MAINLY IN THE LEFT SIDE AND A LOT OF TINGLING IN MY HEAD. I HAVE SEEN SEVERAL NEUROLOGISTS, BUT THEY ARE NOT SURE WHAT COULD BE HAPPEN AND STILL HAPPEN IN MY HEAD. I HAVE HAD BRAIN CT SCAN, MRI, MRA, AND THANKS GOD THEY DIDN'T SHOW PROBLEMS. BUT I'M LEAVING WITH THESE SYMPTOMS ALMOST EVERY DAY (TINGLING IN MY HEAD, PAIN IN THE BACK OF MY HEAD, SOMETIMES TINGLING IN MY BACK AND LEGS). ONE OF THE LAST DOCTORS I HAVE SEEN TOLD ME THAT MAYBE I HAVE SOME KIND OF NEUROPATHY DUE TRAUMA OR INJURY, BECAUSE I'M NOT DIABETIC, BUT HE DIDN'T GIVE OPTIONS TO KNOW WHAT NERVE OR WHERE IS THE DAMAGE AND WHAT TREATMENTS ARE AVAILABLE TO STOP OR REVERT THIS DAMAGE BEYOND PAIN KILLER PILLS. I HAVE A SMALL DISC PROTUSION IN MY LEFT LOW BACK, I HAVE ASKED IS THIS COULD HAVE SOME LINK, BUT I HAVEN'T HAD ANSWERS OR OPTIONS.
I'M KIND OF DESPERATE AND EXHAUSTED CAUSE I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DEALING TO. DO YOU KNOW ANY CENTER, HOSPITAL OR GROUP IN USA WHO WORK IN ANY KIND OF NEUROPATHY? IS THERE ANY ALTERNATIVE SUPLEMENT THAT I CAN TRY TO HEAL THESE SYMPTOMS AND AVOID THEY GOT WORST OR CAUSE ME PERMANENT DAMAGE?
I WILL REALLY APPRECIATE ANY COMMENT, SUGESTION OR OPINION? THANKS A LOT IN ADVANCE

itmatsb responded:
Maybe someone else will answer who has more information for you. Have you considered Mayo Clinic which is known to solve problems that other doctors cannot? You will need letter(s) from at least one of your doctors to get an appointment there. They can explain it to you. But I also wonder if you have seen a neurologist at a major research university? Where do you live? There should be some answers for you.

Good luck.
Sara

An_246547 replied to itmatsb's response:
Thank you very much Sara for your time and your kind answer. Yes, I have been reading the Mayo Clinic and John Hopskins hospital web pages about theirs "Second opinion programs". it would be easier if i had a diagnostic, but i dont' have one. After seeing 7 neurologists and 4 neurosurgeons in my country, since february 2010, I'm thinking about an option in usa. I have been several times there for vacations but never in a hospital. I live in the caribbean, so i need to do some research about my medical insurance and which of the doctors i have seen would help me with the letters and forms.

Hoping someone here could tell me something about these symtomps in my head and back (Pain and tingling). Another thing i'm dealing beside the pain and tingling is the anxiety, and this is also after that event i had at the gym (Head movement) I feel something altered my nervous system, but i don't know what?

Thanks a lot in advance for any comment or advice (And sorry for my english, my first language is spanish)

itmatsb replied to An_246547's response:
You're very welcome. Sorry that I can't provide any help with the diagnosis of your problem. And so sorry about your pain and your difficult quest with all those many doctors not knowing what it is.
P.S. Your english is great. Never would have known that english wasn't your first language!

Helpful Tips

Botox for Headaches FDA approvedExpert
Many of you have heard that Botox (botulinum toxin) has been approved by the FDA for chronic daily headaches or migraines. Chronic daily ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 34 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center