Skip to content
Left temple pain - very short-lived, isolated and irregular bursts throught the day
An_246535 posted:
I'm having a very localized and short-lived pain in my left temple. It comes and goes in the same spot- a small area; it lasts only a second or so but reoccurs during the day. It's random and I don't sense anything that triggers it.

First episodes started at the end of May 2012 and lasted about three or four days, then stopped. It started again a few days ago, quit for two days but started again yesterday and today. I called the local hospital last Wednesday and a nurse on duty thought I might be dehydrated. I met with a doctor in internal medicine last Thursday who suggested if the probelm continues or gets worse, to contact him for further evaluation.

I've upped my fluids, but I don't think that's the issue. I don't have any other symptoms (blurred vision, nausea, other head pain, etc.); just these quick hitting, localized throbs of pain in the same spot.

I have lost 55 lbs since last October through diet and exercise; I run and bike a lot so being dehydrated now and then could make sense, but again, I'm not so sure that's the issue.

Helpful Tips

Migraine Prevention MedicationsExpert
Which medications work for migraine prevention? This question comes up all the time, so I've made a list of some of the medications we use ... More
Was this Helpful?
79 of 107 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center