Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Headache Headache GO AWAY!!!
An_246540 posted:
Im in my late 20's and Im always having headaches that go from mild to severe at times. I have taken over the counter the medicine to treat the problem but he has come to the point were they no longer are effective. Is there anyone out with the same problem? I just dont know what to do anymore.

itmatsb responded:
It's no wonder that you have so many headaches. If you take any pain medication, even over the counter drugs at least 3 times a week or more, they just cause rebound headaches which perpetuate the headaches.

You should instead be tried on a daily preventative migraine medication to prevent migraines. If one doesn't work, they should try you on another one. You may need abortive pain medication until the daily preventative ones take effect. But you will need to see a doctor to prescribe it. Not all GPs and even neurologists know about the daily medications. If not, they are idiots, and you should seek another doctor like I had to do.

And if the daily meds don't work, then there are other treatments.

Mrsdls85 replied to itmatsb's response:
Thanks for the info. My headaches are driving me crazy. I havent taken any medication in a while trying to see if home remedies work but nothing. I just hope a doctor can help. I guess Im just scared.

itmatsb replied to Mrsdls85's response:
Go to the doctor and tell them how often you get them and be specific about their severitiy. Don't avoid the doctor out of fear. Very slight chances that there is anything seriously wrong, but if so, you would need treatment.

By any chance do the headaches get worst around the time of your menstrual cycle? If so, it's just from hormones.

Please let me know how your doctor appointment goes. I'm here for you.

Sara

Helpful Tips

Soda for Sinuses
I know this sounds crazy but I swear by a can of Coca-Cola whenever my sinus headaches flare. Gives me a long for medicine to kick into ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 37 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center