Skip to content
Are my daily headaches migraines and would anything possibly help?
An_246652 posted:
Ever since sometime before high school (graduated1996) and & only worsening after my car accident that resulted in a 10-week coma due to a traumatic brain injury {TBI}, my headaches have increased to the point they have remained for the last so many years. To give you a better idea, here's a quote from my "Now" poem: '365 days of headaches, with no relief in tow and sometimes it feels that lake pushes out, pushing deep and hard above my snout. They move around and up and down, changing their intensities. Sometimes a "Stargate" surge in back of head and when it gets bad, I should stay in bed. Abnormality in brain, I don't know where. Unsure of effect or should I not care?' My eyeglass prescription now changes every 4-6 months, which I cannot afford to keep up with and I know that inability only hurts my head. I can't always afford to eat the healthiest and most food banks give out the 'crap' food, which doesn't help w/ headaches. I sleep about 7-9 hours a night, yet am still tired much of most days; I don't feel myself waking up, but could I have a form of sleep apnea too? I get restless and irritable somewhat often, which I'm sure is related to my TBI, yet could they be caused by anything else? I'm tired right now and can't think of or recall any other issues at this point, so these are my only questions for now.

Helpful Tips

Migraine Prevention MedicationsExpert
Which medications work for migraine prevention? This question comes up all the time, so I've made a list of some of the medications we use ... More
Was this Helpful?
80 of 109 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center