Skip to content
Is there such a thing as Spinal Migraines?
MandyCake posted:
Since the age of 9, I have had severe migraines. (I suffered alot of head and body trauma's due to abuse and being hit by a car, etc) They start of with noise bothering me, then light, nausea, vertigo and then progress. It seems like a pressure builds in my spine and travels up to the base at the back of my neck when the migraines hit in full force. I also get severe pressure in my ears at this time. These migraines generally last 3-5 days. Movement is impossible. Prescription meds did not help. The only thing that helps is when the pressure becomes so severe and then my nose will bleed. This relieves some of the pressure and pain. Could my migraines be caused by damage to my spine, as that seems to be where the pain and pressure begins? My doctor calls my migraines, post concussion migraines as I have had concussions. Neuro tests found plague on the spine and brain during one MRI but another showed clear.

tdawnb responded:
u might see another nuerologist for second opinion i know they did a spinal tap on me but it gave me a leak and low spinal fluid headache on top of my migrainne not a fan of back stuff mine was perfectly clear fluid and the correct level they should have done a spinal tap on u not sure what they do in that situation but if u have not had that test done i would ask about it. i have them 24/7 for a little over 7 years before that they started increasing gradually over the prior 4 1/2 years started with one a month and just progressing im highly tollerent to pain meds and my body metabolises them fast. i have tried so many meds and now im on over a dozen meds four are whats called abortive meds treat after the fact the rest are daily to make life bearable. but they have not found a specific set of causes because migraines can and frequently more than one cause. pain management is good because they control high pain meds and have kept me out of the er i was going five times a month frequently twice for the same migrain. places like headache and pain center might help u also i have a friend who has two bulging discs drained not permanent but did give her a lot of relief they also do things like spinal blocks and stuff hope this helps first i would listen to your body and have your nuerologist check spinal fluid and discuss stedal or something along those lines for your 3-5 days to make it more bearable its strong one spray instant rellief but will prob knock u out didnt me but does most people

An_246969 replied to tdawnb's response:
Would you mind sharing the types of meds you are taking? I have similar issues as you have noted.

Thanks,

Helpful Tips

Migraines
laying down in a dark room always helps me. More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center