Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
severe headaches
Boshaq posted:
severe headaches.I am 47.for 2 yrs now i have had a headache almost everyday.They have lasted up yo 6 months with headache everyday.I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia,polymyalgia,ra,stenosis in my neck.my headaches start in the back of my neck and spread from there.I have tried...toradol,topamax,prozac,inderol,imetrex,neurontin,naproxen,elivil,lyrica,asprin,and goodies powders,motrin,and otc meds.I have had nerve blocks in my head,and trigger point injections.I still suffer from the headaches.Can you give me any help as what to do next?

Take the Poll

severe headaches.Can anyone help
  • severe headaches
  • daily headaches
vote
View Poll Results

Boshaq responded:
have also tried indocin,ferinol and other meds with no relief.

SusanY21 responded:
Try this combination: 1 Relpax (40mg), 2 Compazine (20mg), 2 Benadryl (50mg) and 2 Motrin. I have been on this combo for 3 years and it has never failed me.
Get the Relpax and Compazine from your dr. The Benadryl and Motrin are over the counter. Nothing else works for me - I have been thru every medication my dr can think of including herbals and diet tricks. Nothing prevents my migraines and I get them every day. The Benadryl will make you a little tired and the Compazine may make you jumpy but the two offset each other. I get real sleepy after an hour of taking my meds so I just go to bed and sleep it off. It takes the meds about an hour to work, sometimes longer if I wait too long to take it. I have had them last up to 4 hours on my current meds but it DOES WORK. Just remember you have to HAVE the migraine before you take the meds or they won't work. Just don't wait too long after you get the headache. Hope this helps.

Chris_WebMD_Staff replied to SusanY21's response:
I just wanted to remind everyone that what works for one doesn't always work for all, and to please consult your doctor before taking any medical advice, as well as it's meant to be, from this or any forum on the internet. I hope you do find what works for you.
Chrissy~

Difficulties are meant to rouse, not discourage. The human spirit is to grow strong by conflict.
-William Ellery Channing

headacheallday replied to Chris_WebMD_Staff's response:
I think it is pretty obvious that we cannot auto medicate ourselves, being that most of the "suggested" medicines are prescriptions. We are all reporting what worked for us. I personally could not do what Susan Y21 does...I almost had a liver failure when taking 16 Motrins a day for almost one year...and it DID work for my headache! Not the solution though...

headacheallday responded:
Boshaq, it sounds a lot like mine. Please check my history and posts: headacheallday.

I am 48, headaches everyday, level 3-4, different places on the head, tried topamax, lyrica, cymbalta, relpax, nerve blocks, botox, chiropractor, dentist, ophthalmologist, EVERYTHING! Surgery has been my best solution so far...not done yet, but hopeful!

Boshaq replied to SusanY21's response:
thanks ill try this

Boshaq replied to headacheallday's response:
what kind of surgery did you have for headaches?

Boshaq replied to headacheallday's response:
what type of surgery did you have for headaches?

Helpful Tips

Supplements for headachesExpert
A lot of my patients ask about herbal supplements for headaches. There are very few studies of supplements for headaches, but there are ... More
Was this Helpful?
48 of 65 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center