Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
does a fx nose have anything to do with migraines
twee67tee825 posted:
was in a car accident on 3/5/2012 the airbag hit my face and fx my nose and i have migraines around the clock. i go see a migraine dr. and i have been receive trigger point injections, of course they arent working and ive dont two series of injections now im wondering if my fx nose has anything to do with it. could anyone help me with this problem?

thanks
carla

allie_bf responded:
The car accident that led to the fracture could definitely have a lot to do with the migraines. If you fractured your nose, you may also have had a concussion at the same time, and that brain injury (even when minor) may worsen existing migraines, or possibly bring on new ones. The degree of actual physical damage may not match the degee of headache pain (i.e. you could have a huge headache problem with little structural damage, and vice versa.) Keep working with your doctor, and realize that this may take time to resolve.

Helpful Tips

Migraine Prevention MedicationsExpert
Which medications work for migraine prevention? This question comes up all the time, so I've made a list of some of the medications we use ... More
Was this Helpful?
79 of 107 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center