Skip to content
Chronic unknown disease
An_247029 posted:
Firstly I will like to state what I suspect so far
1) I got an underlying disease (unknown) - flu like symptoms,sligt fever since 2004
2)This underlying disease causes me to have symptoms of chronic sinusitis

I am only assuming but no test has confirmed anything and I am really sick.
MEDICAL HISTORY
I was a perfect healthy guy until 2004 when I was 19 and had my first sex a year earlier. Since then I have been experiencing daily flu like symptoms and slight fever.

During these period, after catching a serious a serious cold, my symptoms will change and remain for as long as 9 months to a year.
My new symptoms will be
Daily head ache and facial pains
Post nasal drip
Eye socket pressure, eye hemorrhage and blurred vision on left eye
Inner hair cell damage: Now I easily lose balance when I move my head
Swollen lymph node around neck
feverish and sensation of fullness in stomach

MEDICAL CHECK UPS
I have been negative for HIV, Hepatitis, Gonorrhea, Syphillis, waiting for Herpes result.
All my organs are ok
Even CT scan shows normal sinus glands
CT scan shows lymph node size is within range
But my white blood cells have been at border of 3.9 and my RBC is very high
CRP shows little or no inflamation

Is it possible to have sinus infection but CT scan shows normal range, that is no inflammation.

SHORT PERSONAL HISTORY
in 2008, after suffering chronic sinusitis symptoms for 6 months, I suddenly caught a severe urinary tract infection(highly resistant E.coli), so the doctor treated me with Imipenem. Interestingly, on the second day of treatment, the daily headache, post nasal drip and facial pain which had been around for 6months suddenly disappeared. No sinus symptoms and the UTI was also cleared.
After about 6 months again, I caught flu which ended up with these sinus symptoms.

Now I am in another country(Japan), I cannot tell the doctor what to do, he tested everything and CT shows sinus normal.

What should I do now?

itmatsb responded:
You could try the Imipenem or some other antibiotic again.

Helpful Tips

Supplements for headachesExpert
A lot of my patients ask about herbal supplements for headaches. There are very few studies of supplements for headaches, but there are ... More
Was this Helpful?
50 of 67 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center