Skip to content
Botox Treatment, Yes or No
danaej posted:
Hello,

I'm 23 years old and I've been treated for migraines for about 10 years now. I've been on most of the major drugs (depakote, topamax, you name it!) for migraine treatment and I've had very limited results. At the moment, I am on no medication for my chronic migraines and boy am I suffering! I was finally able to go to a new neurologist, and his recommended treatment was for me to get Botox injections every three months.

I'm not shy about needles, but I AM apprehensive about what seems to be a rather extreme treatment. I did some research about it, and mostly I've come up against mixed reviews. However, I really want to hear from people who have tried the treatment. Is this something I should do? Are there any bad side effects people have had? I'm eager to hear any and all opinions about this treatment!

Thank you!

headacheallday responded:
It did not work for me. Neither did the nerve blocks (cortisone injections for several weeks), but I had no side effects with the botox. I think it is worth a try. It does work for some people.

Helpful Tips

Botox for Headaches FDA approvedExpert
Many of you have heard that Botox (botulinum toxin) has been approved by the FDA for chronic daily headaches or migraines. Chronic daily ... More
Was this Helpful?
26 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center