Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
New Medicines for Tension Headaches & Resulting Migraine (Hemaplegic)
holstinemrs posted:
IS THERE ANYTHING NEW IN THE WORLD OF PAIN RELIEF/ TREATMENT/ OR PREVENTION? I have suffered from tension-type headaches and classic migraine with aura since 1983. I was treated with the standard butalbital/codeine for severe migraines and butalbital/caffeine for tension headaches. Used Imitrex with great success from 1995 to 2009. In 2009 headaches changed from classic migraine with aura to complex (or hemiplegic) migraines. Dr. stopped prescribing Imitrex, contraindicated for hemiplegic migraines. I really need to know if there is any other medication out there for these, maybe that has come out in the past 3 years or so. HELP!!!! Desperate.

Take the Poll

IS THERE ANY NEW MEDICINE FOR TENSION-TYPE HEADACHES AND RESULTING HEMAPLEGIC (COMPLEX) MIGRAINES? No Imitrex...contraindicated for complex migraine.
  • Help
  • PLEASE HELP
vote
View Poll Results

Helpful Tips

Supplements for headachesExpert
A lot of my patients ask about herbal supplements for headaches. There are very few studies of supplements for headaches, but there are ... More
Was this Helpful?
48 of 65 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center