Skip to content
Low testosterone levels and headaches
An_247386 posted:
My husband has had chronic daily headaches (not classic migraines) for many years, with no success in finding a cause. We recently found out that he has a very low testosterone level. Does anyone know of a connection between the chronic headaches and low testosterone?

Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hiya and welcome,

This is a good questions for his doctor. I'm sorry your husband is having to deal with this pain. You do need to check with the doctor about this and share your symptoms and concerns. He needs to seek a professionals opinion.
Let us know how things are going please.
Chrissy~

Difficulties are meant to rouse, not discourage. The human spirit is to grow strong by conflict.
-William Ellery Channing

Dengiantsfan responded:
I have had chronic headaches everyday for 6 years, i had a tumer on my pitutary galand that was removed 3 years ago and was pain free for about 4 months,but they came back. my pprolactin level is high and my testosterone is low. ive been on testosterone foe a couple of weeks now and it has'nt helped yet. the meds for prolactin level made them extremly worse. migrane meds also make them worse. i have shooting pains in diff parts of my head and constant pressure everyday. i see a number of docs, and i don't know if i will ever find the answer.

Helpful Tips

HELP!!!
I am a healthy 13 year old male and I have recently been having had pains. For the last 6 months i had intense head pain. I head random ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center