Skip to content
Strange pain in head
An_247723 posted:
Last week during the squats (set of 20) at my 19,20th rep I felt tension in my neck (kind of like muscles over contracted) while pushing hard to get those last two reps. So I did my last reps and stopped and the pain was slowly going away, but i was able to feel the dull feeling for few hours after. Few days later when I was doing the warmup, I was able to get same pain just with the empty bar curls warmup. (around rep6- It looks like the pain reappears when muscles are contracted few times or when blood flow or tension increases. Same pain shows up during the intercourse. The best description I could find was:
"
To date, the best explanation is that the pain is due to muscle contraction and/or blood vessel dilation in the head and neck during intimacy or other activity
"

I went for the deep tissue massage, but it did not fix the problem.
So i decided to take two weeks off, hoping it will go away.

Today i noticed that even when I use my tongue while trying to get some food out of "the between my teeth" (sorry for stupid example) i can cause that shooting pain, so definitely some muscle contraction in neck is causing it.

Will rest fix it?
Is there anything i can do?
Not sure what to do with it.
I want to go back to gym, but I am afraid.

lissmeanstrouble responded:
I am not sure what to recommend except for rest. If using your tongue makes your neck hurt, I am sure going to the gym will only aggravate your condition.

bwspot replied to lissmeanstrouble's response:
Could this me a muscle strain?
I wonder why it takes so long to heal?

Helpful Tips

Migraines
laying down in a dark room always helps me. More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center